What materials are used to make the Boards?
Sturdy 2 by 4’s are used for the frame and 5/8 inch sanded plywood for the top.
How do you paint the boards?
We cover all of the top screws with filler and then sand and prime the boards. We use exterior gloss paint for the color and add at least two coats.
How do you put logos on the boards?
We have a local company that makes us the vinyl cut decals based on the image file you provide. The decals are placed on top of the painted surface and then protected by a couple of coats of polycrylic.
How can I see what colors will be used for my boards?
Color is virtually limitless. We list the most popular colors used but we can accommodate special requests for custom sets.
How do you make the bags?
Bags are 6 inches by 6 inches and are double stitched using an upholstery thread. The duck cloth is 10 oz. and we fill the bags with either 1 lb of corn or plastic pellets based on your preference.
How can I see what colors will be used for my bags?
The image file for the bags gives the best approximation of color for the bags. If you don’t see the color you want email us and we can see what we can do to accommodate.
SHIPPING/LOCAL PICK-UP & TURNAROUND TIME
Do you offer Delivery or Local Pickup?
Both. Those of you that are fortunate enough to live in the Richmond, VA metro area and want to save money on shipping can pick up locally. We are located in Midlothian and will provide the exact address when the order is ready to be picked up. We also are able to ship anywhere in the domestic US via FedEx for those of you not local.
What’s your turnaround time?
It depends. We keep a limited supply of corn filled bags on hand in the most popular colors so they can be shipped or picked up locally the same day or the next day. Cornhole sets without wraps or logos are the quickest to make since we are not waiting for the vendor to make the decals or wraps. All cornhole sets are made to order so you should plan on lead time of 1-2 weeks but if you have extraordinary circumstances we may have alternative options available such as rentals or used tourneys sets (local only).
OFFICIAL CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT RULES
Boards and bags are provided. You are NOT allowed to use your own bags. To ensure fairness you MUST use the bags provided. The cornhole board surface should be 2′ x 4′. A 6” hole, centered 9” from the back and 12” from either side. Place on a flat surface 27 feet apart (front to front). There should be 8 bags, 4 bags of each color. Each bag should be 6 inches by 6 inches and have 14-16 oz of corn or all-weather pellets inserted into each bag.
- – 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
- – 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
- – 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
- – 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- – 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- – 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground.
- The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
- The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
- If both teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.
- A cornhole player’s foot goes past the foot foul line. (front of the cornhole board)
- A Player goes out of turn. The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.
- In doubles play partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boards on the same side of the board.
- Each cornhole team will have 4 bags of one color.
- All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
- A coin flip or rock/paper/scissors determines witch cornhole team has honors in round one. The team with honors also chooses either which bags to throw with or which side of the boards their team will set up on.
- The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
- A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board on the side they are throwing from.
- Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
- If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.
- Count the net points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21 point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21 points. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors.
- There is no skunk rule.
Teams will advance based on the following:
- overall record
- head to head play
- most points scored
- fewest points against
- coin flip