All of our tournaments have competitive and social brackets so they are for all skill levels and ages. Come out and throw some bags at our next one.....
*NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS unless event is cancelled What: Doubles cornhole tournament. Guaranteed at least 4-5 games. All skill levels encouraged to play. Tournament play is divided into social & competitive brackets when we have fields of 32 or more. NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL ALLOWED. Where: Strangeways Brewing
Join us for our next tournament...
You must register in advance online
Registration will end @ 48 teams
or @ 8pm on 4/24/15
Cash & Prizes
Competitive & Social
You Must Pre-Register – Click Here to Sign Up!
When: Saturday, April 25th, 2015
12:00pm - Warm-up Begins
1:00pm - Tourney Starts
2277 Dabney Rd Richmond, VA 23230
Format: Doubles format so you have a team of two people. There will be a 3 game round robin pool play. After pool play, there will be two tournaments, Competitive & Recreational (assuming 32+ teams). Each Tournament will be single elimination but every match will be the best 2/3. The Competitive Tournament will consist of the teams with the best records during the pool play and it will be awarded the bulk of the prizes. The Recreational Tournament will consist of the teams with the worst records in the pool play and will be awarded prizes on a smaller scale than the Competitive Tournament.
Cost: Every team will be guaranteed a minimum of 4-5 games. Team entry fees include tickets to the festival and will be at will call:
$30 per team if registered by 4/3
$40 per team if registered by 4/17
$50 per team the week prior
What: Doubles cornhole tournament. Guaranteed at least 4-5 games. All skill levels encouraged to play. Tournament play is divided into social & competitive brackets when we have fields of 32 or more. NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL ALLOWED.
Where: Strangeways Brewing
Equipment Point System Cornhole Fouls Game Play 10. There is no skunk rule. Tiebreakers Teams will advance based on the following: 1) overall record 2) head to head play 3) most points scored 4) fewest points against 5) coin flip
You Must Pre-Register – Click Here to Secure Your Spot Now!
OFFICIAL CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT RULES
Boards and bags are provided. You are NOT allowed to use your own bags. To ensure fairness you MUST use the bags provided. The cornhole board surface should be 2' x 4'. A 6” hole, centered 9” from the back and 12” from either side. Place on a flat surface 27 feet apart (front to front). There should be 8 bags, 4 bags of each color. Each bag should be 6 inches by 6 inches and have 14-16 oz of corn or all-weather pellets inserted into each bag.
- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground.
1. The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
2. The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
3. If both teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.
1. A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line. (front of the cornhole board)
2. A Player goes out of turn. The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.
1. In doubles play partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boards on the same side of the board.
2. Each cornhole team will have 4 bags of one color.
3. All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
4. A coin flip or rock/paper/scissors determines witch cornhole team has honors in round one. The team with honors also chooses either which bags to throw with or which side of the boards their team will set up on.
5. The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
6. A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board on the side they are throwing from.
7. Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
8. If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.
9. Count the net points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21 point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21 points. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors.
10. There is no skunk rule.
Teams will advance based on the following: 1) overall record 2) head to head play 3) most points scored 4) fewest points against 5) coin flip